As the weather warms up, we'll soon be facing the inevitable summer paradox: Dying of heat outside, freezing to death in the frigid air conditioned office. You can't exactly wear your parka to work. But some handy layering should do the trick. And it may help to keep an extra warm cardigan in a neutral shade (like camel) at your desk, especially if you sit right under the air shaft.
Here's some layered looks to get you inspired!
Tricks for switching from bitter cold office to humid happy hour:
1. Keep your bag neutral: you can switch your sweaty heels in for gladiator sandals after hours.
2. An assortment of colorful cardigans will keep your colors summery even while stuck at the cubicle.
3. Don't choose a too-flimsy top for underneath. It should still be structured to be office-appropriate, and substantial enough to wear alone once you leave the building.
4. A pretty patterned skirt goes with all summer solids.
5. Mix your brights together. Skip the hot pink for the office, but raspberry? Should be totally ok.