Imagine my delight when I received an email recently asking if I would want to try out and review the new Krups single-serve coffee machine, the Dolce Gusto. Um, to this coffee-lover it was like asking a dog if he wanted his belly rubbed. YES PLEASE.
I got it. I tried it. I savored each sip. Now I'm here to give you the inside scoop...
1. This puppy is FAST. I could make different flavors of coffee for both Ryan and myself for under 5 minutes easy.
2. There is a great variety of flavors. My favorites were the Cappuccino (real foam!) and Latte Macchiato. Definitely something for everyone!
3. Easy-peasy cleanup took less than 3 minutes. Dump the used pods, rinse out the holder they drip-dry in, put mugs in the dishwasher, and empty the water from the machine. You're done!
4. It was much more convenient than my regular basic coffee machine (which I almost never use) because it only made one serving. I'm a one-coffee-out-the-door kind of gal and don't need a whole pot of coffee (and messy grounds and soggy filters) laying around when I'm trying to get out the door.
1. As with any single-serving coffee machine, you have to buy the little pods that go with it. If they ever stop producing these, you could be out of luck.
2. It's a little bulky, especially for a small apartment kitchen. Nevertheless, it now has a home on my counter! (BTW, it comes in three colors. I got the black so it would take up less visual room).
3. You may go through a sampling stage of trying out the different flavors. I nixed the Mocha and Cafe Lungo before falling in love with the Cappuccino. Luckily other friends are willing to try those flavors and use up my leftover pods!
If you think a single-serve coffee machine could be for you, I'd recommend checking out the Dolce Gusto. Fast flavorful coffee drinks while still in my pj's? I'm there. Hmm, now where's my belly rub?
Note: I do not do "paid reviews". Any opinion expressed is my own truthful opinion and I only review products that I think my readers would find appealing.