This time of year is so fun. I love coming home each day to a big stack of catalogs with all the new fall things in them! (now if only the clothing items themselves would show up unsolicited...) Here are some of the items I'm keeping my eye on.
1. A big tote. This one from Moop has pockets inside so I couldn't lose my phone at the bottom, but it's still big enough to lug my laptop, a book, a sweater, etc on the train. And it has an adjustable strap option!
2. A big drapey sweater. I love cardigans, but day after day of them I start looking like a character from Pleasantville. This loose one from Banana Republic would let me channel my inner hippie art teacher.
3. Duh, the boyfriend blazer. Love how J. Crew styled it with a simple tee, jeans, and piles of necklaces. Rolled up sleeves make this perfect for me, since I usually have to shop petites for sleeves but regular for my long torso. Scrunching them up means problem solved!
4. This plaid dress was cuter on the model than the mannequin, so maybe it would look good on me too? I'm digging the back-to-the-prairie vibe. Would be cute with a cardigan (told you I'm obsessed) and a wide belt cinched around the waist. Add tights and boots.
5. New jeans. I'm liking this new straight cut from The Gap. Looks very classic, and the dark wash is great for day-to-night transitions.
6. These little booties from J. Crew look wearable and leg-lengthening. Yes, please!
Hmm, now to scrounge up some moolah for a little spending spree...