Today we have a little interview with interior designer Danielle Oakey. Danielle is a talented and fun designer and stylish mom and I love her blog! I think you will too, but first, let's get to know her!
1. Tell us a little about your career in interior design and what you're working on.
I graduated with my bachelors in interior design in 2007. I began my design career with multiple internships ranging from hospitality design to corporate design to residential design. After graduation, I worked for a small architecture firm as the head interior designer. In 2010, I started Danielle Oakey Interiors and love every minute of it. The majority of my clientele is e-design but I always have a couple local clients as well.
2. What do you love about blogging?
Blogging makes design inspiration so accessible. Although I cherish my 4 years of formal education, blogging has taught me so much about design. I learn and grow as a designer everyday from reading blogs and soaking up the inspiration.
3. How do you find and store inspiration?
The majority of my inspiration comes from e-magazines and design blogs. I currently have a folder on my desktop full of my inspiration but I really need to join Pinterest, I have heard only good things.
4. What is a typical day like for you?
7:00-9:00 - Read blogs and check e-mails
9:00-12:00 - Clean house and run errands
12:00-4:00 - Mom and Emory time! (or this is where I schedule appointments with local clients)
4:00-5:00 - Make dinner
5:00-7:00 - Clean up and get Emory to bed!
7:00-11:30 - Blog and work on designs for e-clients.
5. Your daughter has to be one of the best dressed tots in blogland. Where do you shop for her?
I get the majority of her clothing from a Canadian grocery store called Superstore. The prices are affordable and the clothing is adorable.
6. What are some of your favorite places to find decor deals?
I always check my local thrift store, consignment stores, Craigslist, and Home Goods. It seems like there is always a deal to be had, you just have to look!
7. Besides time with family, what are five simple luxuries that you love to indulge in?
1. Running. I love to run, I just need more time.
2. Home decor shopping. An obvious answer but it is true.
3. Garage sales. If every saturday could start with a garage sale, I would be a happy girl.
4. Cheesecake. I crave it all the time.
5. Baths. I love to take baths. I could take one every night.