Life Lately

I've been pretty MIA the last two weeks so I'm popping in today (quickly!) to let you know I'm still around!

It's a pet peeve of mine when people (yes, me included) inflate their importance by complaining about how SO VERY BUSY they are. Obviously the President is busier than I am, so who am I to complain? But I've had a lot of things going on - some anticipated, some last minute, and some totally that came out of left field.

Fall is a pretty busy decorating season. I noticed it last year and again this year, but now that I'm in my second year of business I also know that this is the feast before the famine. November and December (and somewhat January) are like a dead zone in terms of new clients. And current clients want to take a break for the holidays. And um, I'm a human too so I'd also like a break around the holidays. So when an opportunity came up this week to get my toe in the door doing a part time office job with a good friend as my supervisor, I took it! Save up a little money now, possibly secure work for my "famine" phase, and have lunch and coffee breaks with a friend? Sounds like a no-brainer to me. However, it's also probably my busiest couple of weeks as far as client load goes. I worked Monday - Thursday at the office. Then I've been getting home in the evenings and sourcing for hours on the computer, plus I have a few standing commitments to other bloggers that got priority. Hence no post.

Then I found out my dad had been in the hospital overnight AND an older relative passed away. So even though my dad is technically ok (home and on a treatment plan until they can see a specialist), and even though our relative wasn't even technically related to me anymore (via divorce ages ago) and I hadn't seen him in years, it was still adding a layer of worry and sadness onto the week. (P.S. Hi Dad! Glad you're feeling better! I love you!).

Ryan's having a busy week at work too, so we've both been glued to our laptops in the evenings and crashing at 10 pm (I'm usually a major night owl and not used to getting up at 6:20!). Feel like I've barely seen him, and so glad we took the morning last Sunday to spend some time together and went to the zoo and lunch.

I don't mean to complain, because obviously except for the family stuff, all of the scheduling was in my control and I knew it was going to be rough. Plus, I have a lot to be grateful for! There are a lot of awesome opportunities in my life and business right now. I'm just in the trenches and waiting to come up for some air (mixed metaphor but leaving it until coffee kicks in...).

Anyway, that's what I've been up to and why there hasn't been a pretty pretty post in a few days and why it was scarce last week (the beginning of client overload). And now I'm off to mock up six rooms and get them off to their respected inhabitants before the day ends. Just kidding, I already finished one so I'm down to five...

UPDATE: Just booked a massage. Whew.

Photo: My lifeblood. Not even from today because I didn't have time. But it's the same basic scene around here.