I subscribed to Vogue for years, but the last couple of years I burned out on high fashion and basically stopped paying attention to designers and fashion shows. So the fact that I'm about to blog the Spring Preview of a collection means that it is seriously good. Emerson Fry (used to be known as EmersonMade) has the perfect balance of easy, wearable pieces accented with just-different-enough elements to set them apart. Personally I was thinking "honeymoon!" the whole time I was scrolling through the new collection. I would happily wear all of these pieces on our warm getaway next winter (and all summer before-hand!).
Any spring fashion collections that I must check out? Most of my spending money is being directed elsewhere but I'm sure I could still pick up a piece or two...
'Tis the season for holiday parties! And with that comes the constant question of what to wear. Since I've been pondering this myself this Christmas, I thought I'd share what was on my mind (and a few more fun ideas while I was at it!). What can I say, after decorating all day, I'm ready to play dress up! Holiday Sparkle: The more glitter the better, but tone it down with black accents.
Perfect for: Your boss's fancy cocktail party, an urban winter wedding, any New Years Eve bash.
Holiday Glam: Dare to go sheer? Stay covered up in a pretty bra.
Perfect for: Cocktails at an artist's loft, girl's night out.
Holiday Charm: Dressed up but a little more casual. Pair a cropped pant with an ankle-strap heel.
Perfect for: Holiday office party, dinner at the in-laws, any party that starts right after work hours.
Holiday Comfort: Take your jeans up a notch with sparkly accessories. Layer tops for extra warmth.
Perfect for: Your best friend's open house, the annual cookie exchange.
I think I usually fall somewhere in between the first and third leading up to Christmas, then downshift into the final look for the big day. What about you?
It's a wintery edition of my sporadic "Maggie Loves" series. Rounding up products I've bookmarked recently...
1. Cheetah Stools, $1,475. Oh how I wish I could make these happen in my apartment... Maybe if it was bigger, I had more money, and Ryan didn't seriously object (my guess is that he would). A girl can dream, right?
2. Blazer, $99. I'm mildly obsessed with all the blazers at Zara right now. But especially anything with a cute little shape and brass buttons.
3. Essie Nail Polish, $17. Loving the colors in the Essie Fall 2012 collection. I've really been liking short nails painted dark colors this season.
4. Snakeskin Table, $289. Society Social has some great pieces all around, but snakeskin has been so popular recently that this table has become one of my favorites. Don't have a spot for it now, but trying to figure out how to get this look somewhere...
5. Zebra Salt and Pepper Shakers, $19. I want these sitting on my dining table stat.
6. Furball Hat, $19.95. For our four Seattle snow-days each winter, I should PROBABLY have a hat like this, right? Only question is cream or gray?
7. Lamp, $95. This petite little light is perfectly charming and in the season's must-have color, burgundy. And under $100? Sold.
What are you loving?