I hope you all had a wonderful autumn! Now that we’re past Thanksgiving, I’m ready to deck the halls for Christmas! Something about having a 3 year old is making this year even more special.
I’m no minimalist, but I do love some modern lines and graphic statements. Mixed with lots of glitter and sparkle, it makes for an updated Christmas look without sacrificing the magic. We always mix in our sentimental family ornaments as well.
I made a lot of additions to our tree last year (almost all metallic and sparkly) so I’ve been turning my attention to the outdoors - but that doesn’t mean I haven’t been browsing the indoor pieces as well! Here are some of my favorite Christmas decor items for 2018.
1. Prelit indoor trees. A beautiful accent in an entry, flanking a fireplace, or on a tabletop with the smaller sizes.
2. Faux fur tree skirt. Luxe and lovely.
3. Metallic wreath. Stand out from the evergreen and cedar doorways in your neighborhood.
4. Ceramic village. I picked up a set of these for our house. Great on a mantel, piano, console. Perfect on their own, or have fun with “snow” and other additions.
5. Knit tree skirt. Nothing says cozy like an oversized knit, especially circling the tree.
6. Paper trees. These are larger than you might guess - the smallest is 12” - but modern and graphic. I’d put them on a buffet or in an entry.
7. Sputnik stocking holders. Stocking holders get a glam makeover! Love these.
8. Star tree topper. Delicate and airy and perfect for a romantic star or snowflake themed tree.
9. Glass baubles. Adding a new color or style of bauble is a great way to freshen up your tree decor from year to year. **Featured baubles are sold out, shop similar HERE.
10. Linen and velvet stocking. I love how simple and striking these are.
11. Woven wool stocking. Chunky and cozy but still simplified.
Do you like to mix things up from year to year? Or do you prefer tradition and keep it the same each year? I think I’m a little of both!